Tikvah is a leading Jewish think tank and educational institution committed to supporting the intellectual, religious, and political leaders of the Jewish people and the Jewish State. Tikvah runs and invests in a wide range of initiatives in Israel, the United States, and around the world, including educational programs, publications, and fellowships.
Current open positions include:
– In-house Graphic Designer
In-house Graphic Designer
Full or part-time position
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Tikvah Fund is a leading Jewish think tank and educational institution committed to supporting the intellectual, religious, and political leaders of the Jewish people and the Jewish State. Tikvah runs and invests in a wide range of initiatives in Israel, the United States, and around the world, including educational programs, publications, and fellowships.
The Tikvah Fund has an opening for an in-house graphic designer. This individual will report primarily to the COO and will also work closely with many stakeholders to develop the visual aspects of Tikvah’s educational initiatives, programming, development/fundraising, media, and online materials. This will include all aspects of the process from defining requirements, concept visualization, and creating graphics using on-brand logos, images and photos. The ideal candidate will have practical experience with a variety of media sources (including event materials, pamphlets, brochures, books, and other materials), working knowledge of assorted design software platforms and experience collaborating with a variety of constituents including teachers, school leaders, and educational professionals.
Responsibilities to include:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assess design audience.
- Create strong branding package and further brand recognition.
- Determine project timeline, parameters, and requirements.
- Work in conjunction with copywriters and project leads to prepare drafts and amend after feedback until final product is delivered.
- Test graphics across various media.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
- Proven graphic design experience (3-5 years minimum).
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics.
- Skilled and experienced with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop).
- Broad range of expertise to understand how various dynamics will impact aesthetics of multiple projects with varying audiences and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and a keen eye for details.
- Ability to work methodically and with a variety of people and platforms (i.e., media, online, video).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently while meeting deadlines.
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus.
- Familiarity with Jewish texts and ideas also a plus.
Applicant must be able to travel to New York City occasionally as needed.
The compensation range is $55,000-$80,000, commensurate with experience and skill. Excellent benefits package including health insurance, 401K plan, paid vacation, paid time off for Jewish and national holidays and short Fridays.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter addressed to Lisa Neubardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tikvah will be accepting applications on a rolling basis.
The Tikvah Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive work environment, and we welcome a diverse pool of candidates for all searches.