The Tikvah Fund is a leading Jewish think tank and educational institution committed to supporting the intellectual, religious, and political leaders of the Jewish people and the Jewish State. Tikvah runs and invests in a wide range of initiatives in Israel, the United States, and around the world, including educational programs, publications, and fellowships.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Executive Director, Maimonides Scholars Program
Tikvah, in partnership with the Maimonides Fund, is seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director of the Maimonides Scholars Program: an educational initiative aimed at exceptional Jewish high-school students, drawn largely from public and secular private schools in North America.
The centerpiece of the Maimonides Scholars Program is a residential summer experience at Yale University focused on the core ideas of Jewish civilization, Zionism and Israel, the great books of Western culture, and the ideals of American democracy. About to enter its fourth year, the program attracts a wide variety of Jewish teens from diverse backgrounds across North America. Our aim is to deepen their intellectual engagement with Judaism and the world of ideas through rich seminars, close reading, critical questioning, and experiential learning in a community great teachers and peers.
The ideal candidate for this newly-created role will have the heart of an educator and the vision and skills of an institution-builder.
RESPONSIBILITIES for this role will include:
- Developing and overseeing a North American strategy for marketing and student recruitment
- Overseeing curriculum development and course offerings
- Evaluating and recruiting diverse faculty, speakers, residential advisors, and other personnel
- Managing a small professional team
- Using data systems and information management tools to identify and onboard students
- Working with our education team to build an effective alumni engagement strategy
- Liaising and planning with Program Leadership at the Maimonides Fund
- Occasional travel to engage students and professionals interested in the program
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a management role
- Flexibility, adaptability, curiosity, and integrity
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time & project management skills
- Proven ability to take direction, but also to work with minimal direct supervision and manage multiple projects, while being a committed team player
- An orientation toward self-starting, proactive anticipation of team needs, and creative problem solving
- A background in Jewish education and programming, especially in a pluralistic setting, is an advantage
- An appreciation for the Great Books, close reading of texts, critical questioning, and traditional liberal learning is an advantage
- Experience and proficiency with Salesforce and/or another CMS is a major asset
This is a full-time position, ideally based in Manhattan. We will consider non-NYC-based applicants, but priority will be given to those residing locally. Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience and skill.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Rabbi Mark Gottlieb, Senior Director, at email@example.com. We are considering candidates on a rolling basis. We will consider each response carefully, but will contact only those individual candidates in whom we are interested.
The Tikvah Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive work environment, and we welcome a diverse pool of candidates for this search.