Tikvah is a leading Jewish think tank and educational institution committed to supporting the intellectual, religious, and political leaders of the Jewish people and the Jewish State. Tikvah runs and invests in a wide range of initiatives in Israel, the United States, and around the world, including educational programs, publications, and fellowships.
Tikvah is searching for an Events Coordinator who can help plan and execute events, retreats, residential programs, and major conferences. The Events Coordinator will be a member of Tikvah’s development team, and will provide additional support to development operations as necessary. The ideal candidate for this role is detail oriented and personable, with a track record of planning and hosting successful events, such as major conferences, gala dinners, and donor retreats.
The Events Coordinator will work closely with and report to the Senior Director of Development, Alexandra Rosenberg. Tikvah is based in New York City and it is preferred that this candidate work from NYC. However, exceptional candidates in the Northeast corridor will be considered.
This full-time role provides excellent benefits including health insurance, a 401K plan, paid vacation, paid time off for Jewish and national holidays, and short Fridays.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of Tikvah’s annual 500-1,000 person Jewish Leadership Conference with attendance, including, but not limited to, venue research, vendor coordination, review of banquet event orders, audio visual orders, management of signage, collateral material, and giveaways, management of budget, creation of event timelines, archiving materials, coordinating speaker logistics, etc.
- Logistical support for Advisory Board meetings and Tikvah Open University events in the office
- Logistical support for educational conferences and retreats
- Maintenance of a master events calendar with key deadlines
- Planning and hosting quarterly donor parlor meetings, dinners, cocktail parties, etc. and any future community conferences and events
- Additional operations support for the development department
- Occasional event support to the education department
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to travel 5%-40%, depending on location of applicant
- Strong commitment to and agreement with the mission and values of Tikvah
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects effectively
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as PDFs:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and Tikvah’s mission, and your salary requirements
Applications for the Event Coordinator position must be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/tikvahevents/.
Tikvah is seeking a dedicated and experienced Staff Accountant to help develop and implement best practices throughout the full range of accounting functions.
This is a full-time position, and it can be based in either our Baltimore, MD or our New York, NY office. Tikvah provides excellent benefits including health insurance, a 401K plan, paid vacation, paid time off for Jewish and national holidays, and short Fridays.
Support operational accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices. Record transactions directly or using integration between different operational systems (export/import). Ensure the maintenance of accurate internal and external financial records. Reconcile revenue records between accounting system and CRM system. Assist in processing of monthly reports. Assist in annual budgeting process, annual audit and tax reporting. Deal directly with staff to answer inquiries and enhance relations.
Supervise Finance Associate on AP functions.
- Supervise Finance Associate, who serves as an AP finance contact for vendors and employees.
- Prepare and/or review accounting entries for assigned parts of the accounting cycle, including AP, AR, Payroll, Journal Entries.
- Complete imports from different databases used by Payroll, AP, and AR into general accounting system.
- Assist in preparing timely and relevant financial reports on a regular basis, including preparing and reviewing different schedules and sub-ledgers.
- Preparing some schedules, reports, and back-up materials for the audits.
- Assist audit firm staff in preparing IRS 990 as needed, including preparation of supporting schedules.
- Prepare requested reports as needed.
- Such other duties or tasks to assist the department or organization as the supervisor may deem necessary.
BS in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years accounting experience working at accounting positions
- Working in a team setting
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, including intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Ablity to meet deadlines and work independently
- Ablity to handle confidential information
- Familiarity with automated accounting systems
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Receptivity to guidance from others
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
Qualified applicants should e-mail a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with “Staff Accountant” in the subject line.
Tikvah has a full-time job opening for a Program Associate to support the work of our middle- and high-school student educational programs. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, personable, and a team player. The Program Assistant’s main responsibility is to the support our program’s administrative needs.
Tikvah provides excellent benefits including health insurance, a 401K plan, paid vacation, paid time off for Jewish and national holidays, and short Fridays.
- Communicate with students, teachers, parents about student attendance and performance
- Help schedule meetings
- Design and draft language for website and general emails
- Manage student written submissions
- Plan and help run in-person student events
- Draft monthly newsletter
- Build relationships with students and parents
- Organize interview data
- Help hire teachers for program
- Manage financial aspects of program including budgeting and paying vendors
- Perform routine data entry tasks
- Support curriculum development work via research and minor editing work
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Qualified applicants should send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Assistant” in the subject line.
The Tikvah Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to an inclusive work environment, and we welcome a diverse pool of candidates for all searches.